Monday, July 26, 2010

Mini Root Beer Float Cupcakes

Makes 32


Ingredients:

1 pkg. Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake Mix

1 Tbsp. Root Beer Extract (in the spice aisle w/ the other extracts)

1 can Root Beer (you can use diet to cut the sugar)

Creme Roulee wafer cookies

Vanilla Icing (storebought or your favorite recipe)

Red Mini Gumballs (or M & M's or other red candy)

Clean votive candle holders or shot glasses

 
Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 Tbsp. root beer extract in 2 C. measuring cup (you'll have extract left over for another batch!:)). Fill cup with Root Beer until it reaches 1 1/2 C. (you'll have just a taste of root beer left in your can). Add to cake mix and stir well. No eggs, no oil, easy!!


Place shot glasses/votive holders on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Fill 1/2 full with cake batter and bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes until done. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Your kitchen will smell like a soda factory--the kids loved it!:)


Cut creme roulee wafers in half.


Put vanilla icing in canvas bag w/ star tip (or you can just put it in a ziploc baggie and snip off one end). Pipe a dollop of icing onto each cupcake, top with a gumball and half of a wafer cookie. Serve or refrigerate until needed.




*Brought to you from gourmetmomonthego.com*

19 comments:

PACountryMouse said...

LOVE THIS! Gonna have to try it :-)

Kimberly said...

These sound SO yummy! I will definitely have to try these with my daughter :)

Crystal said...

Well that looks good! Thanks for stopping by..I already follow :)

Krissy said...

THATS ADORABLE

I have to try these with my kids

Following you from Tuesday tag along! Hopefully you can stop by and follow us as well.

http://theartsymom.tk

Tracy F. said...

Love your site and these look so YUMMY! I am following you from the Tuesday Tag-Along.

Tracy
www.cutorcopyandpaste.blogspot.com

even-star said...

you know I forget about rootbeer until I see something like this and i remember how much i love it and wonder why I don't have it more often. Yum! visiting from FMBT.

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

Those look so good!

I am your newest follower from Tag Along Tuesday!

Kari @ http://shining2save.blogspot.com

I am also hosting a twitter hop today on my blog and love for you to join in

Kuppy said...

YUM! These look great, will have to try with my kiddos! I adore your blog, therefore, you have an award over on my blog! ::Kristin::

Tanyia said...

this looks great! :)

I am stopping by from Tag Along Tuesdays :)

I am your newest follower. I would love to have you stop by my blog as well! Happy Tuesday!

http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

How cute!! I think I may be linking to you in my linky love post this weekend!! Awesome idea!!

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday but thanks for linking it up--tweeting it out now!!

TheCraftBarn said...

These look sooooooooo yummy!! I posted a link to this post on my blog:
http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/2010/07/yummy-recipes-and-more-728.html
Thanks,
Jennifer @ The Craft Barn

Holly said...

Wow! How fun! My littles would love these.

Stopping by from Tag Along...loving the blog! Following you now. Hope you can visit me sometime!

mommysblessings.blogspot.com

This Lil Piglet said...

Thanks ladies. I'm always on the lookout for unique recipes so I'm glad to share them with all of you. :)

Thank you for sharing the link Kristen & Jennifer; I really appreciate it.

Kristin M, thank you for the award; I'm honored! :)

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! Kids would love them.
Tweeting your post for Tweet Me Tuesday!

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

ummmmmm. YUM -O-LA!!
Those sound fantastic!!
I knew I liked you....

♥ LLL with Leslie ♥ said...

Thanks for sharing!!! This caught my attention. It looks so good and you did a fantastic job making them. I will have to make this soon! Have a great day! :)

~Leslie
www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

Carly said...

These look yummy!!!!
Stopping by from Follow Me Chickadee. I am your newest follower. Stop by my blog when you get a chance. Have a great weekend.
Carly
www.WordyOwl.blogspot.com

Lies We Tell Ourselves said...

These look great!

Finally stopping by from the Friday blog hop! New follower.

Would love for you to check out my new blog. Trying to spread the word and raise awareness for a topic that most people avoid.

http://liesthatbreakus.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those look soo cute! I will have to make them sometime :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...